What an amazing end to our Transitions series!
I was looking to end this series in a little different way. And since I usually do most of the talking, I thought it was a great idea to bring someone on stage that could bring the scripture to life.
We all know and love the Norvell family. They’ve been a part of Crossroads from the very start and I also knew that they have been through their own transitions in life. So what better way to help us all understand God’s faithfulness than by hearing their story. Lynn did an amazing job and if you didn’t hear the message then I strongly urge you to take the time to listen to it.
We’ll be looking for most of you back after the last couple of week’s. Just in case you didn’t know, Crossroads has had an amazing summer. We’ve seen some really great moves of God in several areas and I believe God is about to really rock our world.
Thanks to all of the volunteers who really made today happen. In case you didn’t know, this was promotion Sunday for our children’s environments. The volunteers rocked the house at Crossroads! We still have lots of opportunities for you to find a place to plug-in. We’ve got so much planned between now and the end of the year!
Worship today was amazing…..some of the best I can remember!
I’m looking forward to the new series Simple that starts on Sunday, August 1st. We’ll be putting up the info on the website on Monday and we need you to invite your friends!
Have a great “hot” week!
I have to admit that Sunday was a great day at Crossroads….especially for me!
As most of you know, I took Sunday off and by doing that I was totally able to enjoy doing things I normally don’t get to do at Crossroads because I have to speak. I was able to stand outside and greet and meet some people I normally never see. I was able to help with a little food prep for our volunteers and I was able to talk a little more in depth with people than I would normally be able too. It was a good day!
Just a note that our musicians did a great job on Sunday…..the pressure was on them instead of me and they delivered. A special thanks to them for a great time of worship on Sunday!
Here are a few things I noticed from Sunday:
- First Sunday without rain in about two or three weeks…but I looked at the upcoming forecast and guess what?
- Lot’s of enthusiasm about what’s happening at Crossroads!
- Many of you commented after the service about liking the change….I agree!
- It was good to see one of our original Crossroads peeps back in the house….they moved out of town and one of them was back in town so they dropped by unannounced!
- Thanks again to our volunteers!
- Thanks to those who follow the Biblical practice of tithing! You are the ones who are making it happen at Crossroads.
- Crossroads is a church called to give and serve….are you? If your not you may be at the wrong place….that’s who we are!
- “Ladies Night” is coming up….do you have your tickets? It looks like its going to be fun!
- Make sure and sign up for oru “Relay for Life” team.
Can I speak the word “tired”!
After Sunday this puppy was worn out….and I mean “whacked”!
We got a pretty good start to our new series “Want Not, Waste Not”. I’m always encouraged when you let me know that the message spoke to you in some way. Before the third service was done I was getting feedback from people who had been in the first two services…..like I said, “God has something he’s trying to say to us!”
Here are a few of my highlights from a great day at Crossroads:
- I love to see people make the best out of tough situations….thanks to all those that do!
- Messy day!
- Great day in spite of the mess!
- The Easter attendance was great and yesterday was great!
- Enjoyed seeing some old friends on Sunday.
- Students had a great weekend at “Impact 09”. Thanks to the volunteers that helped and hosted. You guys are the greatest!
- We reached our sound system goal on Sunday!
- Great things are coming! You better strap in and get ready!
- Many of you have done what we’ve been asking. You’ve moved to the 9am or 12:30pm service. Now we need you to continue inviting so we can fill up those services and the new seats we have in the 11am…..I know you can do it so get busy!
- Great job by all of our volunteers on Sunday!
- I loved the video!
- What a closing song!
Well that’s about it for now! Hope you’ll check back later!
Well you can see that the “Sunday Rewind” did not get posted later on Monday like I had hoped…..seems that all the cleaning up after Easter services at Crossroads took a little longer Monday than usual, not to mention I was “whacked”!
Here are few of my highlights from one of the greatest days in the history of Crossroads:
- Amazing job done by all of our volunteers…..you guys all went above and beyond in every area! We really can’t do it without people who are willing to put others ahead of themselves!
- I was truly thankful that you guys did a great job at moving out of the 11am service into the other services. The 9am service was packed! I was told there were no seats left (I’m sure there were one or two).
- The new stage set looks great….lots of time and effort had been put into that over the last three weeks!
- Amazing job by our musicians and vocalists! We are so lucky to benefit from their gifts! Thanks guys!
- I couldn’t believe that we experienced record attendance with so many people visiting their mothers and grandmothers….that was great!
- Beautiful flowers…..thanks to Donna Belcher who always comes through…..Donna, you did a great job!
- Thanks goes out to all of those who showed up on Saturday to landscape the entrance. Chuck Hartman and Tim Stockton really saw that this project was done in time for Easter….thanks guys!
- Could you believe that first service crowd? WOW!
- God is doing great things at Crossroads…..you should hear what I get to hear from people who’s lives are being changed.
- Did you love the “Crossroads Book of Terms”? We had a ball putting that together.
- It was great doing a message specifically for Easter that was not a part of a series…..
- New series “Want Not, Waste Not” starts this next Sunday!
- I spoke all three services on Sunday with a pain patch on my back….I hurt it while we were landscaping on Saturday! Not use to physical work!!!!!
- People notice that Crossroads is a friendly church…..you guys keep greeting and talking to those who you see every Sunday.
- When I left Sunday, I went home and went to bed! Really!
That’s about it for now…..check back later today for the “Two on Tuesday”!
Here are just a few of my thoughts and observations from Sunday…
- Never, ever judge a book by it”s cover!
- What in the world happened to the weather on Sunday?
- I simply love the fact that I get to do what I do at Crossroads….you guys are the greatest people in the world to Pastor!
- I have a feeling that God is about to do more than we could ever ask or think!
- All I simply need to do is keep a check on my heart…..everything else will come from that!
- Great job by Derrick and his “Host Team”. Derrick has done a great job at stepping up and putting together a great team of his own people. Thanks Derrick!
- Make sure and get your baptism info into us this week….if you didn’t get it to us on Sunday you can call the church office and arrange to get it to us this week!
- We are getting close to make the sound up grade!
- Half of our Easter invites were given out…..we have to get the rest out this next Sunday…..we are looking for “huge” crowds!
- I continue to love hearing from you and the “Back Seat Jesus” series!
- Don’t forget Easter is just two weeks away…..
- Lots and lots of visitors….
- Great attendance for the last weekend of Spring Break.
- Still a lot of sickness going around isn’t there?
- I love it when volunteers see the impact they make and think above themselves! You guys are the best!
- Seeing a need and meeting it…..that’s what I love about our church!
- I’m encouraged at what I see the “new believers” at Crossroads reaching out and getting involved in.
Well that’s all for now……have a great week and don’t forget to invite someone to come with you to Crossroads!