What an amazing end to our Transitions series!
I was looking to end this series in a little different way. And since I usually do most of the talking, I thought it was a great idea to bring someone on stage that could bring the scripture to life.
We all know and love the Norvell family. They’ve been a part of Crossroads from the very start and I also knew that they have been through their own transitions in life. So what better way to help us all understand God’s faithfulness than by hearing their story. Lynn did an amazing job and if you didn’t hear the message then I strongly urge you to take the time to listen to it.
We’ll be looking for most of you back after the last couple of week’s. Just in case you didn’t know, Crossroads has had an amazing summer. We’ve seen some really great moves of God in several areas and I believe God is about to really rock our world.
Thanks to all of the volunteers who really made today happen. In case you didn’t know, this was promotion Sunday for our children’s environments. The volunteers rocked the house at Crossroads! We still have lots of opportunities for you to find a place to plug-in. We’ve got so much planned between now and the end of the year!
Worship today was amazing…..some of the best I can remember!
I’m looking forward to the new series Simple that starts on Sunday, August 1st. We’ll be putting up the info on the website on Monday and we need you to invite your friends!
Have a great “hot” week!
Crossroads officially started holding services about three and half years ago. And during these past three years we’ve partnered with people like Habitat for Humanity, the Wilson County Help Center and others.
But later this month and during the month of August, we’re going to be doing something for Brooks House here in Lebanon. We spent some time with Liz Reese and during our time with her, we asked her what we could do as a church that would help her as she directs the vision for Brooks House. Her response was a “playground”.
Brooks House provides a place for women and children to stay as they go through their own transition. By providing a new playground, Crossroads can bring a little bit of normalcy back into the life of a child who is walking through a very difficult time in their own life.
I’m looking forward to seeing people at Crossroads jump in and make a difference in the lives of people going through a transition.
Have you signed-up? When you do, you will be glad you did!
Just a reminder that tonight is the dreaded night that we set our clock’s ahead one hour.
Now it all comes with great benefits, but it seems that those first few days are a little hard to get adjusted too.
Enjoy your Saturday and we hope to see you at Crossroads on Sunday!
Pursuit is officially in the can.
It’s the single longest series that we have ever done at Crossroads and I have to say that it seems to be one that has impacted as many lives as just about anything we have done. Thanks to all of you that have been so open with your feedback. I love hearing from you and I love hearing what God is doing in your life.
Today was the first official weekend of spring break and all I can say is, “WOW!” We had really great crowds in all three of our services. When you consider that most of our students are out of school that is simply amazing!
Here are a few things I noticed from today at Crossroads:
- Still amazed at how Proverbs has impacted our church!
- I was able to talk with several visitors today. It’s always great to hear from our visitors and to listen to their stories. You guys are to be commended for inviting your friends. It’s so nice to hear people talk about how they have a relationship with someone at Crossroads and that’s the reason they visited.
- Thanks to Phil and his host team for a great job!
- I’ve probably enjoyed this series as much as any that I’ve done!
- Great music today by Rhett and the band. Make sure and thank those guys!
- I’m really excited about the upcoming month or two. We have so much on the calendar! It’s going to be a great year to be at Crossroads!
- Are you signed up for Financial Peace? If you need help in your finances then you need to be a part of this class!
- We have a Ladies Night event happening in April! Check the website this week for more info!
That’s enough for now. Just in case you didn’t know, it’s going to be a busy week around my house. We are gaining a son-in-law!
Have a great week and I will see you next week at Crossroads.
Tomorrow at Crossroads we will close the curtain on the longest series that we’ve ever done.
If you’ve been around during the last couple of month’s then you have been able to be a part of history.
But tomorrow the curtain will close on Pursuit.
Make sure that you take time to be with us at Crossroads on Sunday! The weather promises to be great and even though Spring Break has officially begun….you will be glad you took the time to hear this message.
The book of Proverbs continues to rock my world!
Today we dove into the area of money/finances/wealth and I have to believe that there were a bunch of us who had our bell rung. I know my eyes were opened and it all happened via the wisdom of Proverbs.
We had a great start to today’s service with a Lynrd Skynrd’s Simple Man. I love the fact that I get to work with some of the best musicians in the area and if you want good music and worship then you need to be at Crossroads on Sunday.
Here are a few things I noticed today at Crossroads:
- The weather wasn’t nearly as nice as it was last Sunday!
- Great having so many visitors. I was standing in the lobby among about 20 people who I had never met before. They all came in at one time and they weren’t together. God continues to bring great people our way!
- What about the music today? It was literally off the hook! You guys are so lucky to have these talented people at Crossroads!
- The Pursuit series continues on….just in case you weren’t there, we have decided to go one more week. It just seemed to me that there was one more subject that needed to be talked about and we will do that next week.
- Great to see some familiar faces back…these were people who have been out-of-town for a while.
- Not many churches around where you will get, Lynrd Skynrd, Pink Floyd and Wild Cherry in a service on a Sunday morning.
- Thanks to all of our volunteers.
- Great job by Derrik and his host team today!
That’s it for now….gotta get in gear for my community group.
Have a great week!
As most of you have probably noticed, I have taken a few days off from the blog. It seems that I’ve had so much going on and I needed a little time to get my life back in order.
I couldn’t think of a better way to kick off blogging again than to talk about what happened this past Sunday at Crossroads.
Most of you know that we have had a heck of a year when it comes to the weather on Sunday’s. Every Sunday of 2010 has either been rain, snow, ice, sleet or some combination of the worst weather. With that being said, it seems that getting momentum has been out of the question. Now we’ve had some great services, but it seems that it just hasn’t been like it should be. But this past Sunday changed all of that.
I think someone told me that we had the best numbers that we’ve seen in several months. That’s great! And our Pursuit series has really been rocking some people’s worlds! It was so nice to see people come out on Sunday and we had great time together….I think Sunday was just a little taste of what is coming down the pike.
Here are a few things that I noticed from Sunday:
- Great weather!
- I love it when people truly come to worship!
- I had no idea that the message was going to impact so many people. It seems that many of you were able to recognize what was happening in your life and now you can do something about it!
- Proverbs has been a great book!
- We had lot’s of new faces. That always makes me happy!
- For those that attend the second service….we may need you to consider the first or third…..we are getting tight on seats in the second!
- You guys do an amazing job at parking….what I mean by that is that you are so considerate to our visitors by parking in the spaces that are farthest from the building. Keep it up!
- We have some great opportunities for service in the second service. If you love children birth thru 4 years old then we would love to have you on our team. See Amy Shaw at the Waumba Land desk for more details. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rhett and the band rocked it
- Check out Proverbs 18:1 again….I’ve been reading in NLT.
Have a great week and bring someone with you to Crossroads this coming Sunday!
Can you believe that I haven’t logged in to the blog in five days? It’s true….I’ve stayed away and I did it on purpose.
This week has really been one of transition. It’s been about moving from one place to the next in my life and part of this adjustment meant staying away from the blog and it meant taking today off.
Rhett and I talked on Wednesday and even though we were continuing our Pursuit series, I thought that it would be a good idea to take a break or pause….so that is what we did.
When Rhett and I were talking on Wednesday we knew that we had an amazing group of musicians who were on the schedule for Sunday so I just said, “It’s all yours, I’m just going to worship like everyone else so I am going to leave it up to you!” So that is exactly what we did.
Today was an amazing time of worship and its pretty easy for me to say that we made the right move. I’ve heard from so many of you already and its only three o’clock in the afternoon on Sunday. I love it when God shows up and moves in the lives of people.
Here are a few things that I noticed from today:
- It was great being able to see so many of you at the door. Many times I have to be down front and I miss those that come in late…..today I was able to talk with many of you and I loved it!
- As I expected, Rhett and the band did an amazing job. It always makes me feel good when I can turn the stage over and not have to worry. Thanks guys for an amazing job!
- Phil and his “host team” did a great job! I was really see the new additions to Phil’s team…..are you serving?
- I was just glad that it didn’t rain or snow today…can you believe that it has either rained or snowed all of the last four Sunday’s!
- It was good to see some of our regular’s back!
I’m going to keep it short today…..enjoy the Super Bowl!
Yesterday was one of those days when you wonder if you made the right decision.
Do the conditions on the roads call for canceling our services?
And as most of you know, I’ve really adjusted my thinking when it comes to canceling our services. I use to think that canceling or rescheduling our services was something to consider. I now think totally different.
At Crossroads I want to do everything that we can to offer people the chance to worship with us on Sunday’s. It never has been my intention to force people to come out when they feel they can’t make it, but I do think we should do all we can to be there if they choose to show up.
So with that being said, we had church at Crossroads today……and we had all three of our services too!
It was a great day and for those of you that were not able to attend, the message is already on-line if you would like to listen to it.
Here are a few of the things that I noticed today at Crossroads:
- Great to see people jump in and do as much as they can to prepare the sidewalks and entrance.
- Thanks to Derrick and his “host team” for a great job!
- I was totally blown away by our attendance….I had a number in my mind and we exceeded those numbers by much more than I could have ever imagined.
- It was nice having people visit from other churches….we aren’t looking to steal sheep, but we were glad to offer a worship service for those that wanted to attend one.
- Great response to our community group sign-up. We know that many of you will want to take part in a group, so sign-up next week. We have several people who are waiting for you!
Thanks again to all of you who made the effort to attend services this morning.
If you weren’t able to attend then we certainly understand….and we will see you next Sunday!
During the last twenty or so days I’ve experienced something so different in my life.
As most of you know we’ve been participating in the 31 Day Challenge together at Crossroads. Some of you may not know what I’m talking about so let me give you a little insight. During the month of January, we decided to read through the entire book of Proverbs. Most of the people at Crossroads have been participating and then we’ve had others join us who heard about it or saw it on Twitter or Facebook.
During the month of January I’ve been so fortunate to take in the wisdom found in Proverbs with people all around me. If there’s anything that has been both interesting and fun about reading together its been sharing with others how the scripture has affected my life.
Many of you guys have sent me emails and texts about the impact Proverbs is having in your lives and seeing how the scripture is impacting your life is something I love to hear.
I’d love to hear from some of you via the comments section of this post……give me some feedback about how the 31 Day Challenge as affected your life.
Have a great day…..